Monday 11 February 2013

The Magic Of Ebook Publishing !

This is me, most of the time !
Its taken me 48 years to get to the point where I am finally sitting down and writing professionally. It wouldn’t have been possible to attempt this before now : one reason is because I was never sure if I was good enough and wasn't sure if readers would be interested in what I had to write.

But the main reason for the delay is because of the latest technology and the huge shift to electronic books. This has freed me from the soul destroying thought of having to go around book publishers trying to sell a book that means so much to me and listen to all the reasons why they are not interested. I don’t pretend to be the best author in the world but many talented writers have faced years of rejection and hardship while they tried so hard to get their work published. The most famous one that comes to mind is JK Rowling, who despite getting herself a professional agent, then spent a whole year having her Harry Potter Book rejected by all the big book publishers, often with the excuse that there was no market anymore for children’s books !

Obviously, I’m not expecting to be the next JK Rowling but I know that at least my book will be judged by the people that spend money on it ( or dont spend money, as the case may be!) to read it and not some businessman in an office in London. That’s the magic of the new market of E books!

No comments:

Post a Comment